Please consider volunteering at the Faire
A great way to have fun, meet the area’s best makers and get credit for volunteer hours!
The Western New York Regional Maker Faire is a full-blown WNY community festival that is entirely organized and run by volunteers. We rely on the skills, dedication, and enthusiasm of volunteers to ensure a fun time is had by everyone.
We welcome volunteers ages 16 and older and encourage families and groups to volunteer together. You can work the time slot that fits your schedule, and meet great people at the same time!
Interested in volunteering?
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and questions about volunteering and a member of the Event Planning Committee will respond to you.
We are currently recruiting for:
- Set-up Crew – Assists with setting up tables, signs, and stages and assisting Makers with their load-in.
- Maker & Volunteer Check-In – Helps Makers & Volunteers when they first arrive.
- Information Booth – Answers questions from the public regarding the Faire, the exhibits, and their locations. Conducting exit surveys. May involve acting as a wandering info point throughout the venue. This duty is best filled by those that are very comfortable talking to strangers!
- Front Gate & Ticketing – Makes that first impression with Faire guests- maintaining orderly queueing lines, checking pre-registration tickets, and distributing timed entry tickets. Smiles, patience, and a sense of humor required!
- Happiness Crews – Ensures the Volunteers, Makers, and Performers are well taken care of: being on hand to assist Makers, helping Performers know where to be at the right time and that they have what they need. People on the Maker Happiness Crew should be comfortable dealing with the public.
- Hands-On Activities – Facilitates activities for guests. You should definitely like working with kids and adults of all ages, and you MUST like to have fun. Knowledge of activities is a plus but not required. Training will be provided!
- Tear Down Crew – After the fun is over, there’s still work to be done! Assist Makers with load-out, take down tables, stage equipment, wind cable, clean up.
For more information or to sign-up to volunteer, email email@example.com.